Sausage is not just for breakfast! This is a hodgepodge recipe I started making that I love.
One Pot Stuffed Peppers
I love stuffed peppers but I don’t have time to do all the steps. So this is what I have started doing.
10 dashes balsamic vinegar
5 dashes garlic powder
3/4 brick of cream cheese
1 can spicy tomato sauce
2 bell peppers
1 lb sausage
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Pre step 1. Start rice in rice cooker or stove if doing slow cook ric
1. Brown 1 lb ground sausage
2. Dice 2 bell peppers and toss in with meat halfway through cooking.
3. Drain fat if desired.
4. Cut up 3/4 of a brick of cream cheese and spread around pan.
5. Add balsamic vinegar, spicy tomato sauce, and garlic powder. I usually do the balsamic vinegar to taste but it was about 10 dashes last time I cooked it.
6. Stir till everything melted and combined.
7. Add shredded cheese (Monterey Jack suggested but I have used whatever cheese on hand with good success).
8. Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese if desired (I have forgotten it before and still tastes good).
Once everything is melted and yummy serve over rice. I personally also like to eat it all scooped on tortilla chips or in tortillas.